Darmstadt publisher rokaplay needs reinforcement and is looking for a Game Designer*in (f/m/d) as soon as possible.
rokaplay is a production and development studio for video games from Darmstadt. Our focus is on creating easily accessible games for both the PC and console markets. We want to inspire the gaming community and make it our fans. In 2018 we celebrated our 10th anniversary and this year we plan to reach the next level of our company’s growth.
The development of our employees is important to us, which is why we support all team members individually. We offer attractive further education opportunities for this. On the one hand through seminars and internal presentations, on the other hand through regular team meetings and personal development talks. To make the most of our productivity and not lose focus, we work out the weekly goals together as a team and define our respective priorities.
We don’t just start our work, we follow our passion. We enjoy what we do, are passionate about our visions and want to build something special. rokaplay is a team with a wide range of skills and experience. We welcome the proactive ideas of our employees.
We want to work with you to produce great games that carry the ‘Nintendo spirit’. Games that inspire communities and deliver experiences that are talked about.
We are currently looking for reinforcements for a new project. We want you to be there when something great is created here and a strong team grows together. And you should occupy a key position – that of the game designer.
- You design and develop game content, features and game mechanics
- You bear the main responsibility for the creative direction of our game – starting with the creation of the initial vision statement, through the development of the design documents during pre-production, to the maintenance and continuous updating of the detailed design specifications during the main project production itself
- You conceive and design the necessary prototypes and first playable versions of the game and thus lay the foundation for the later gaming experience
- You work out a balanced approach that guarantees long-lasting fun
- You implement all your ideas in close cooperation with the team’s programmers, graphic designers, sound designers and QA employees
- Your documents and descriptions form the basis for project planning and the product backlog – and thus for all team members’ tasks and to-do’s
- You have at least 3 years of experience with game design
- You have a strong gaming instinct and know (almost) every game inside and out
- You are creative – but not chaotic! You approach problems analytically
- You work independently, in a structured manner and know how to organize and manage your work processes
- Ideally, you have knowledge of tools such as Confluence, Nuclino or Asana
- You have good written and oral communication skills (DE/EN)
- You enjoy learning new skills and accompanying the growth of others
- You want to drive a project forward and are versatile
- You are not short of ideas and new impulses that you share with the team
- You see feedback as an opportunity to grow by both accepting and giving it
- You may even have gained experience with agile methods
What we offer you:
- A job in what we believe is the most exciting, dynamic and best industry in the world
- High degree of self-determination and lean management
- Your own workplace, which you can freely design
- The opportunity to become a world builder and create games with us that you can be proud of
- A fantastic team
- flexible hours
- Promotion and opportunity for further training
- Best coffee, fresh fruit
- travel money
Do you have questions about rokaplay and the job? Or are you not quite sure whether the position is right for you? Write to me!
- Skype: Robert Kaiser | rokaplay
- Disagreement: roka_robert#2688
If you don’t have any questions, get started right away and send me an application. Be creative! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our current titles can be found here: