Apologize to a cat: ask for forgiveness with these 5 steps
By Marcel Nasser
Do you think your cat is mad at you and now you need the right excuse? Then TAG24 will show you how to apologize to cats and get your relationship with your beloved pet back on track.
The cat’s forgiveness cannot be forced
First of all, when a cat is rabid about anything, you can’t force it into a good mood all of a sudden.
As a rule, she must first digest the trigger for her bad mood and come to terms with the situation.
If you kick a four-legged friend z. If it accidentally hits its tail, for example, it will draw attention to itself and then often dash away.
Can cats sense human pregnancy?
While humans classify the situation as an “accident” and want to clean it up immediately, cats instinctively flee.
Regardless of what exactly made the furry nose angry, recognizing it in the first place and wanting to respond to it is a good step.
But because hasty mistakes are not uncommon, TAG24 explains in this one cat guidewhat a good apology is all about.
Apologies to the cat: timing is important!
How cats actually feel after a critical incident can be seen from several factors. Instead of rushing after them in your own excitement, it’s important to pay close attention to their body language.
If you approach your four-legged friend at the wrong time, you may even be attacked in the worst case scenario. So you have to make sure the timing is right so you don’t get some nasty scratches from your animal companion!
Is your cat angry? This is how cats express anger
- If it’s pointing up and the tip is slightly bent towards you, you’re fine.
- If a cat has set it up very tightly, it is scared.
- If a cat’s tail wags, or if the four-legged friend even hits the ground with it, he is angry.
Why do cats always land on their paws?
- If the ears are up, this indicates contentment.
- If they point backwards, the four-legged friend is obviously scared.
- When a cat puts its ears close to its head, it is angry.
- If cat eyes with large pupils are noticeable, this can be a sign of fear.
- If the pupils are very small, this may indicate excitement or even annoyance.
Good to know: A cat’s pupil size also depends to a large extent on the incident light. When it’s bright, they seem very small. If it is significantly darker, they will be large. So you can’t necessarily tell the pet’s mood.
- If the cat’s fur does not look different from normal, everything seems to be fine.
- If the fur instead stands up, she is naturally very excited and in most cases feels fear or anger.
- If the furry nose has extended its claws, it is better to be careful. She might be waiting for an opportunity to attack.
Learn more about cat language:
This is the best way to apologize to your cat
If you can interpret the fur nose’s signals correctly, then that is half the battle. If they e.g. For example, if you are angry, it is best to leave them alone and try again later.
If cats are scared, you can try to calm them down. But you should give them room to escape and not force anything. Otherwise, they can become aggressive.
Apologize to cats with this step-by-step guide
Once you find your cat in the mood for an apology, it’s best to follow the steps below.
1. Step: Grab a treat and have it ready for the cat. If she allows the proximity, give it to her directly. If she is a little more reserved, put it on the floor a little away from her and give her room to help herself.
2. Step: Talk to your cat. To appease them further, you should use a quieter and slightly louder voice than usual. You can also apologize to cats with words.
3. Step: While facing your four-legged friend, you can also try blinking slowly. Many cats take this as a sign of trust.
4. Step: Stroke your animal friend’s favorite spots to make him feel good again. However, it is extremely important to know how to pet cats properly and what mistakes to avoid.
5. Step: In general, you should pay as much attention to the animal as possible, deal with it regularly and respond to its needs to strengthen the relationship.
Conclusion: think of the cat when you make amends
If you want your apology to succeed, focus on the cat. It’s about her getting better, not about the man easing his conscience.
To force a kindly intentional and apologetic act on her misses the point. Body language is the most important thing to pay attention to when apologizing to cats.
If you interpret the signals correctly and know your kitten’s preferences, you will quickly regain her trust.
Cover photo: 123RF/pixbull