Logitech G presents the new PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals for a realistic SimRacing experience.
Logitech G, a Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) brand and leader in innovative gaming gear, today announced the PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals with the following press release, bringing the lineup of passionate SimRacers to take it to the next level.
The PRO Racing Wheel has been developed for the most realistic racing experience possible and therefore has a new, powerful Direct Drive motor, which in combination with the TRUEFORCE feedback technology delivers gripping racing action.
“The new PRO Racing Wheel from Logitech G makes racing simulation incredibly realistic. I can literally feel the track conditions and how the car reacts to them. Using the Racing Wheel at home gives me the feeling of being right on the track,” says Lando Norris, McLaren F1 racer.
PRO Racing Wheel’s brand new Direct Drive motor achieves an impressive 11 Newton meters of performance with minimal latency. Coupled with TRUEFORCE, Logitech G’s proprietary high-precision force feedback technology, the Direct Drive motor delivers unmatched racing realism with greater responsiveness than ever before. This allows SimRacers to experience the game’s physics and audio more immersively and with near-instant feedback – from road conditions to engine vibrations.
“Fans of our racing wheels and pedals can look forward to a major upgrade in realism, performance, control, design and durability,” said Richard Neville, director of simulation and controllers at Logitech Gaming. “We analyzed every parameter – from the number of shifts, turns and bumps that an 11 Newton meter wheel can withstand, to the materials and components that withstand even the toughest racing conditions.”
The result is a PRO racing steering wheel system that offers and combines unmatched realism, driver information, a connection to the car and almost no lag.
PRO Racing Wheel is developed for professional SimRacers and has the following features:
• Intuitive steering wheel design – The buttons and controls are arranged in such a way that they can be reached with a flick of the thumb. The racers never have to take their hands off the wheel and can fully concentrate on the track.
• Magnetic paddle shifters – The integrated paddle shifters are magnetic and rely on contactless Hall effect sensors and additional tactile magnets. In this way, the gear changes are reminiscent of the experience in a real racing car. The lashes are like that
designed to withstand millions of shift operations without difficulty.
• Paddles with double clutch – Analogue paddles support a range of racing functions where responsiveness is key. If they are arranged in the form of a double clutch system, the advantage at the start becomes even greater. Alternate configurations include a handbrake and two additional axles, allowing SimRacers to easily use the paddles as accelerator and brake pedals.
• Individual race profiles – Different race settings are sometimes required for different racing games. To this end, the SimRacer can create a total of five different racing profiles via the integrated display, which they can then call up again and again with just a few clicks.
• Easy attachment – The newly developed clamping system makes mounting the racing wheel easier. At the same time, the standard screw holes required for mounting on a racing seat are retained.
The PRO Racing pedals feature realistic load cell braking and are fully customizable to suit racing setups and styles. The main functions are:
• pressure detection – The pedals sense the force applied to brake for a realistic braking feel. In this way, confidence in the car increases and SimRacer can push their limits even further.
• Adjustable pedals – The three pedals can be easily adapted to your own preferences. For example, the clutch and accelerator pedals can be made harder or softer, while a choice of elastomers is available for the brake pedal. Both the accelerator and clutch pedals are equipped with non-contact Hall effect sensors that ensure a long service life.
• Modular pedal design – Each pedal can be moved on a horizontal plane, allowing SimRacers to create the ideal distance for them. The removable pedal modules make customization a breeze.
The Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel is available in two versions: one compatible with PC, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 consoles and one supporting PC, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
The Logitech G PRO Racing pedals are compatible with PCs running Windows 10/11 via a USB port and with Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4 consoles when connected to the PRO Racing Wheel .
The Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals will be officially unveiled to the public at the Logi Play event. The event will focus on gaming and streaming culture and will feature other product releases alongside the Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals.
Price and availability: The Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals are expected to be available in September 2022 at LogitechG.com and at retail worldwide for an MSRP of €1099 (wheels) and €389 (pedals) to be available.