Design to Cost increases cost efficiency in product development
providers on the subject
Costs play a key role in product development. With design-to-cost methods such as value analysis or target calculation, it is possible to plan exactly how costs can best be saved. Participants in the online seminar “With Design to Cost (DTC) for competitive products” learn how this works.
The key to entrepreneurial success lies in design and development. It is here that innovative products are created that ensure competitiveness. But the challenges keep increasing: in line with customer demands, it is important to develop products with an ever-increasing range of functions, the production and operation of which consume as little energy and material as possible. At the same time, development and production costs must be reduced in order to maintain and improve our own competitiveness.
This is where Design to Cost comes in: As part of the cost management techniques, it describes a systematic approach to managing and improving costs in product development and manufacturing. Used correctly, all incurred costs can be planned and reduced with the Design to Cost method.
Apply design to cost-effectiveness
This is the goal of the Vogel Academy seminar “Design-to-Cost Methods – Using Design-to-Cost (DTC) to Create Competitive Products”. The speaker demonstrates the effective application and combination of the essential DTC methods – based on his experience as a cost manager and management consultant.
This is how the two-day design-to-cost seminar is structured:
- The first step is to understand the different design-to-cost methods.
- In the second step, participants learn from examples how additional cost-saving potential can be identified through the combination and consistent application of these DTC methods.
- In addition, seminar participants learn how and where these DTC methods can be integrated into their company’s product development processes and how implementation controls are set up.
Objectives of the DTC seminar – participants will learn:
- which are the essential design-to-cost methods and get to know them,
- how a high cost reduction or cost optimum is achieved through consistent application of value analysis/value design (WA/WG) and
- where and how the cost optimization methods are integrated into the product development process.
Target group for the DTC seminar:
The seminar is aimed at specialists and managers from development and construction and at entrepreneurs.
Speaker – Design to Cost expert:
- Hermann Schlichting, founder and managing director of Schlichting-Consulting, is a management consultant. He studied fine mechanics, has training in management and collaboration methods as well as leadership coaching. He has many years of practical experience as a cost manager within product calculation and controlling and as a management consultant in an international company.
- He has gained extensive experience as a project manager for design-to-cost projects (mechanics, electronics and software), in projects for mastering complexity, process optimization, management, collaboration and teamwork, coaching managers and project managers as well as in countless management workshops.
- The focus of his design-to-cost projects was mechanical engineering, automation technology, IT and telecommunications. The practical orientation is particularly important to him.