Which is the best amusement park in Germany? A nationwide ranking shows that NRW is not doing badly.
Cologne – Especially in spring and summer, amusement parks are back on the list of top destinations for many adventurous citizens. Hurry through the air on a roller coaster, experience adrenaline rush and stroll from attraction to attraction – this is also possible in some amusement parks in North Rhine-Westphalia. Three amusement parks in NRW now have it even in a nationwide ranking of Travelcircus.de done, as reported by 24Rhein.de.
|the capital of the state||Düsseldorf|
Phantasialand, Movie Park, Fort Fun: Ranking Germany’s Best Amusement Parks 2022
Among other things, the price-performance ratio was evaluated in the ranking of the booking portal. Overall, the rankings show the 25 best amusement parks in Germany in 2022. Three amusement parks from NRW are also among the top 10: Phantasialand in Brühl, Movie Park in Bottrop and Fort Fun Adventure Land in the Hochsauerland district (more news from NRW on RUHR24) .
Europa-Park in Rust (Baden-Württemberg) took first place, followed by Hansa-Park in Sieksdorf (Schleswig-Holstein). The first amusement park from NRW follows in 5th place: Movie Park Germany in Bottrop. Close behind: Phantasialand in Brühl. 9th place was awarded to Fort Fun Adventure Land in the Hochsauerland district. The top ten places in the amusement park ranking:
- 1st place: Europa-Park in Rust (Baden-Württemberg)
- 2nd place: Hansa Park in Sierksdorf (Schleswig-Holstein)
- 3rd place: Heide-Park in Soltau (Lower Saxony)
- 4th place: Adventure Park Tripsdrill in Cleebronn (Baden-Württemberg)
- 5th place: Movie Park in Bottrop (North Rhine-Westphalia)
- 6th place: Phantasialand in Brühl (North Rhine-Westphalia)
- 7th place: Holiday park in Hassloch (Rhineland-Palatinate)
- 8th place: Bayern-Park in Reisbach (Bayern)
- 9th place: Fort Fun Adventure Land in Bestwig (North Rhine-Westphalia)
- 10th place: Schwaben Park in Kaiserbach (Baden-Württemberg)
Best theme parks in Germany: rating categories
- Value for money: It’s about the number of rides and the contracts. It was calculated how much admission a family of 4 pays per attraction. In addition, the average fare per. roller coaster calculated this year. Both factors thus resulted in an average value.
- Judging factor: This factor tells you how the amusement park was rated on Google. The score corresponds to the “1: 1 rating on Google”, it says.
- awareness factor: It’s about how famous the amusement park is. Google search volume was evaluated (period from January 2021 to February 2022). The higher the average and maximum search volume on Google, the more points were awarded.
- Fun factor for all ages: Travel circus examined all the attractions in the park for this evaluation unit and determined a fun factor for each of them for children aged 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 years. The factor is also based on the percentage of attractions that may be ridden at that age. Specifically, it means: The higher the fun factor, the more points were awarded.
- Instagram factor: It was checked how many Instagram posts there are with the amusement park’s respective hashtag. To also give smaller parks a realistic chance, the number of posts this year was set relative to the number of followers on Facebook and Instagram. This means that the more posts there were per. follows, the higher the score.
Movie Park in the amusement park check: highest score for “awareness factor”
The film park is according to the ranking of Travel circus the most popular amusement park in NRW that came on the list and is ahead of Phantasialand. A maximum of 5 points was the maximum number per category that the amusement parks could achieve. The amusement park achieved the highest score (4.7) in the “Awareness Factor” category.
When it came to value for money, however, Movie Park did not fare so well, scoring only 3.58 out of 5 possible points. Incidentally, the film park only recently raised the prices of parking. Anyone who wants to park there must now pay a full 8 euros for the day ticket.
Phantasialand in the amusement park check: low value for money score
Phantasialand in Brühl had two million visitors in 2019 and is located in Brühl near Cologne. In the ranking of Travel circles the amusement park occupies 6th place. Again, the value for money could be better. The amusement park scored 3.41 out of a maximum of 5 points in this category. Phantasialand recently raised ticket prices for the 2022 season. Adults now pay 57 euros for the regular entrance fee instead of 54.50 euros (2021).
However, the amusement park barely got the highest score in the “consciousness” category. A total of 4.86 points were scored, as reported by 24RHEIN. Anyone looking for other leisure activities in NRW will definitely find what they are looking for.
Fort Fun Adventure Land: Amusement park in the Hochsauerland district – good rating for the fun factor
Fort Fun Adventure Land is located in the Hochsauerland district of North Rhine-Westphalia. Travel circus gave the amusement park 9th place in the rankings – also here the price-performance ratio was quite low with 3.25 points. But in the “Fun Factor for All Ages” category, Fort Fun Abenteuerland scored 4.75 points, putting it ahead of Movie Park and Phantasialand, among others.
List of categories: © Angerer / Hoch Zwei Stock / Imago; image broker / image; Collage: Sabrina Wagner / RUHR24