online seminar With Design to Cost for more cost efficiency in product development
Costs play a key role in product development. With design-to-cost methods such as value analysis or goal calculation, it is possible to plan exactly how costs can best be saved. Participants in the seminar “Using Design to Cost (DTC) to Create Competitive Products” will learn how this works.
providers on the subject
The key to entrepreneurial success lies in design and development. This is where innovative products are created that ensure competitiveness. But the challenges continue to increase: Tailored to customer requirements, it is important to develop products with an ever-increasing range of functions, the production and operation of which consume as little energy and material as possible. At the same time, development and production costs must be reduced in order to maintain and improve our own competitiveness.
This is where Design to Cost comes into play: As part of the cost management techniques, it describes a systematic approach to controlling and improving costs in product development and manufacturing. Used correctly, all costs incurred can be planned and reduced with Design to Cost.
Apply design to cost-effective
This is the aim of the Vogel Academy seminar “Design-to-Cost Methods – With Design-to-Cost (DTC) to Competitive Products”. The speaker demonstrates the effective application and combination of the essential DTC methods – based on his experience as a cost manager and management consultant.
The two-day seminar is structured as follows:
- The first step is to understand the different design-to-cost methods.
- In the second step, participants learn from examples how additional cost-saving potential can be identified through the combination and consistent application of these DTC methods.
- In addition, seminar participants learn how and where these DTC methods can be integrated into their company’s product development processes, and how implementation control is set up.
Objectives of the DTC seminar – participants learn:
- which are the essential design-at-cost methods and get to know them,
- how a high cost reduction or cost optimum is achieved through consistent use of value analysis / value design (WA / WG) and
- where and how the DTC methods are integrated into the product development process.
Target group for the DTC seminar:
The seminar is aimed at specialists and leaders from development and construction and entrepreneurs.
- Hermann Schlichting, founder and CEO of Schlichting-Consulting, is a management consultant. He studied fine mechanics, has training in management and collaboration methods as well as leadership coaching. He has many years of practical experience as a cost manager in product calculation and controlling and as a management consultant in an international company.
- He has gained extensive experience as a project manager for design-to-cost projects (mechanics, electronics and software), in projects for mastering complexity, process optimization, management, collaboration and teamwork, coaching of managers and project managers and in countless management workshops.
- His design-to-cost projects focused on mechanical engineering, automation technology, IT and telecommunications. The practical orientation is especially important to him.